Any Business needing to take control of devices and identify users on their networks - ClearPass could be just the product you need.
Identifying and controlling who and what connects to the network is the first step to securing your enterprise. Control through the automated application of wired and wireless policy enforcement ensures that only authorized and authenticated users and devices are allowed to connect to your network.
Many organizations secure their wireless networks via a pre-shared key which removes individual user control and allows abuse from key knowledge. However, the majority may have neglected the wired ports in conference rooms, behind IP phones, printer areas, ports on desks for laptop access or even people unplugging equipment for cable access.
Wired devices – like desktops, security laptops and cameras – force IT to think about securing the millions of wired ports that could be wide open to security threats. Because these devices may lack security attributes and require access from external administrative resources, apps or service providers, wired access now poses new risks.
The goal for businesses is to provide anytime, anywhere connectivity without sacrificing security. But how does IT maintain visibility and control without impacting the business and user experience? It starts with a 3-step plan:
1. Identify what devices are being used, how many, where they’re connecting from, and which operating systems are supported – this provides the foundation of visibility. Continuous insight into the enterprise-wide device landscape and potential device security corruption, as well as, which elements come and go gives you the visibility required over time.
2. Enforce accurate policies that provide proper user and device access, regardless of user, device type or location, device total per user; this provides an expected user experience. Organizations must adapt to today’s evolving devices and their use – whether the device is a smartphone or surveillance camera.
3. Protect resources via dynamic policy controls and real-time threat remediation that extends to third-party systems. This is the last piece of the puzzle. Being prepared for unusual network behaviour at 3 AM requires a unified approach that can block traffic and change the status of a device’s connection.
“Security starts with visibility of all devices – you can’t secure what you can’t see”
The ClearPass Policy Manager and AAA solution provides built-in device profiling, a web-based administrative interface and comprehensive reporting with real-time alerts. All contextual data collected is leveraged to ensure that users and devices are granted appropriate access privileges – regardless of access method or device ownership.
- Policy and role-based network access enforcement for multi-vendor Wireless, Wired and VPN networks.
- Flexible Device OnBoarding Solutions for BYOD and Unmanaged trusted devices.
- Guest Access with extensive customization including Self-Registration, Sponsorship-based approval and Reception/Staff guest management portals.
- Healthchecking of devices to meet Organisational Device Compliance Requirements before being granted network access.
- Integration with EMM and MDM solutions provides additional input to policy-based access.